Auxiliary and Enterprise Development (AED) is responsible for the strategic financial management of non-E&G university resources. To that end, AED works with colleges/units/areas to ensure that university resources are utilized in an efficient and effective manner with the goal of accomplishing the overarching objectives of the university as outlined in the FIUBeyondPossible2020 Strategic Plan.
AED works with colleges/units/areas with creation of new enterprises both academic and non-academic in nature. Once these new enterprises are created, AED continues its work and fully supports the ongoing control and performance assessment of these enterprises with multi-year forecasts, short and long term goal setting, risk assessment and management, margin maximization, financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, variance analysis, and proper cash flow management (liquidity).
If you would like to discuss your enterprise with AED please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AED is responsible for the following major funding areas:
- Academic Auxiliaries
- Other Auxiliaries including recharge centers (rates are approved and operations supported by the Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED))
- FIU Housing
- FIU Parking
- Incidental Revenue activities, e.g. fund 501
- Contracts and Grants, e.g. fund 601 and 602
- Sponsored Research
- Board Approved Fee
- Technology Fee
- Self-Insurance Program
- Student Health
- FIU Foundation (DSO)
- FIU Research Foundation (DSO)
- Athletic Finance Corporation (DSO)
- FIU Healthcare Network (DSO)